Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Blog 1 of 365...


One of my New Years Resolutions this year is to blog everyday. I can tell you with 100% certainty that I have never kept a New Years Resolution more than two months. This year WILL BE different. There's a first time for everything right?

December was a fast and stressful month in the preschool world. There were many days that I wanted to rip my hair out but then came the day of our Christmas party. All the kids (and teachers) came to school in their pajamas; they were all so excited to show them off to their friends. We ended up with three kids in Spiderman pjs (my favorite superhero) and at least three girls in Hello Kitty pjs (another favorite of mine). I think I may be brainwashing these kids by accident...oops.

The morning flew by and it was time to open gifts. We had 16 kids there that day, each kid had one gift to open and when we said it was okay to open them, I kid you not, all 16 gifts were open in under ten seconds. It was INSANE! They all showed each other the gifts; I felt bad for the kid who opened the card stock we asked for when other kids got to open Legos, instruments and other toys. They didn't care what they opened though. Once it settled down all the kids cuddled up on their mats and we watched "Polar Express" and "Rudolf" in the big room on the big screen. I was sitting there in the middle of the kids and I realized how moments like these were why I love my job. Getting to see Christmas through the eyes of a 4 year old is much better than seeing it through my 25 year old eyes.

I'm looking forward to this year and dreading it at the same time. Emily, Jess and I have been brainstorming for Moving Up Day because even though it seems like its really far off the next few months are going to fly by and June will be here before we know it. We have 9 kids leaving for Kindergarten in the fall. Its crazy to think that almost half of our class will be gone in less than a year but that just challenges me to make as many memories as possible in the next 9 months. It is a challenge I will gladly take on along with blogging EVERYDAY of 2013!

Happy New Year Everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment