Thursday, January 10, 2013

Revising my resolution/Moving Up Day 2013

I'd like to start this blog off by saying that I HAVE NOT forgotten to blog these past few days. I've been trying to post from both my phone and my iPad and haven't been able to. Each time I tried to it kept saying there was an error and it couldn't post my blogs. So, technically I guess I broke my resolution already even though I don't feel like that's the case. However, I am revising my resolution. Instead of blogging EVERY day I'm going to be blogging EVERY weekday. I find it hard to find a topic to write about each day and even when I do think of a topic, sometimes it's hard for me to write about it. I figure everyone deserves a couple days off. Now on to my blog for today....

I am a planner by nature. I like to know what's going on way ahead of time and outside of my classroom I am not a "go with the flow" type of person. I like to make lists and cross off things when I finish them. There's a sense of accomplishment that I feel when I cross something off. I like to be prepared and I like to be organized. Recently I've been doing a lot of brainstorming about Moving Up Day this year. I know that June seems like it's so far away and that it's crazy to be thinking about it already but trust me, it's not. Maddie and I started planning around March last year I believe and I didn't get half the things done that I wanted to. As we got to June last year everything felt so rushed and even though Moving Up Day was a hit with all the parents and staff I felt like it wasn't as perfect as I wanted it to be.

I've come up with a theme for this years ceremony; Reach for the Sky! We're going to be going with a rainbow color scheme again because it does lend itself to some pretty amazing decor and even more amazing candy buffet for the kids and parents to enjoy. We've picked a date, picked out colors for caps and gowns and even picked out songs. We've picked three really cute songs and then once special song that we're going to dedicate to the parents (that one's going to be a surprise though). We are doing a slide show, even though it will be nothing compared to last years since it's just me taking the pictures and not Maddie -ha. But pictures of kids are cute regardless, so I'm sure it'll be adorable! We've planned some decorations (those are the pictures that are in this blog, just ideas we've seen) and Pintrest is literally my best friend this time around.

I feel incredibly calm about this ceremony. Last year I was a ball of nerves from March to the day of Moving Up Day. It's a little joke at TLC that every big event that I have to speak at I lose my voice and it's totally true. Two Early Christmas Services in a row I lost my voice, and the past two Moving Up Days. Last Moving Up Day I barely made it though the ceremony and at the end I would try to talk and literally no words would come out. The day after the ceremony I went to visit my boyfriend at the time for four days who i hadn't seen in months; that was interesting. I couldn't talk to him for the first two days...thank god he was understanding. I'm hoping that the stress doesn't cause me to lose my voice this year. I would love to give an actual speech this year. I've done readings the past two years and left the speech up to Val but I feel like this time I'd love to write something. This is a very special class to me. It's the first group leaving that I've had from their first day in the Preschool Room. I'm incredibly attached to each of them and I'm sure I'm going to ball my eyes out when they leave, but that's a LONG WAY AWAY (YAY!).

I know it may seem crazy to the people reading this that I'm already planning for an event that is 5 months away but like I said I'm a planner by nature. I plan weddings, and I guess I plan Moving Up Days now. I'm buying a few things each week for the ceremony so I don't end up going broke in June -haha. We'll also start practicing songs much earlier so they really have them down by that day. In my mong I really didn't think that I would ever be able to top last years Moving Up Day but if this years goes off how I'm planning then I think it just might! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment